Domain registrations under (.NP) ccTLD are free of cost and are registered on a first-come-first-serve basis but terms and conditions apply. Domains can be registered from http://register.mos.com.np. The .np Domain Registrations require a local presence in Nepal and also expected to be for names based directly on a company or organization name, or a product brand name.
Domains can be registered only under the following secondary NP domains: com.np, org.np, edu.np, net.np, gov.np, name.np, biz.np, travel.np, asia.np, coop.np, pro.np and mil.np. More information on .np ccTLD
Registrations require a local presence in Nepal. Registrations are also expected to be for names based directly on a company or organization name, or product's name, service's name, and brand name.
Domain registration is free of cost at the third level beneath various second-level domain. But need to provide Copy of citizenship for a Personal website or Copy of company registration for Organization website for the verification process. It would take a working day to get domain reviewed.
How to register com.np domain in Nepal
STEP 1. Browse https://register.com.np from your internet browser.
STEP 2. Check the availability of the domain/s
Enter the domain name and choose an appropriate suffix from the drop-down list (Example- .com.np, .edu.np, .net,np etc.). Follow Policy For Domain Name Registration Under NP CCTLD then, click on the Search button.
If your domain name is not available, you can try a different one.
STEP 4. You must create the username for the registration process of .np.
Click on Create user button. you will be redirected to another page.
STEP 5. Fill out the rest of the required information. You will need to enter your Full name, Email ID and Password then Click on Create account.
( If you don't have suitable Email Id for your domain create an Email id. To create Gmail Id Click on the link below for the Guidelines. )
- How to Create Gmail Account ?.
STEP 6. Verify your email address to activate your User Name and Email Address.
STEP 7. Check your email. An email from .np Domain Registration subject “Email Verification”. Open your mail for verification.
( Note that if you don’t check or click that link within 3 days, the domain registration will be canceled. )
STEP 8. Click on the Verify button. Then, you will be redirected to another page.
STEP 9. Login ( to https://register.mos.com.np ) with registered Username and Password.
STEP 1O.You must put your Primary name server and secondary name server. Which, provided by your hosting company.
Nepal based local Name Server configuration example
|Primary DNS server||sungava.mos.com.np||Don't insert IP address|
|Secondary DNS Server||manaslu.mos.com.np||Don't insert IP address|
|Primary DNS server||ns1.hosting.com.np||Don't insert IP address|
|Secondary DNS server||ns2.hosting.com.np||Don't insert IP address|
Otherwise, you can use Primary name server NS1.AFRAID.COM And Secondary name server NS2.AFRAID.COM for your registration process. This free DNS name server provided by http://freedns.afraid.org. You can change your .np website name server anytime.
- How To create your .com.np free website on Blogger.com using freedns.afraid.org
- How To create your .com.np free website on Blogger.com using cloudflare.com
STEP 11. Fill up your administrative details ( Name, address, admin email, admin phone, admin mobile number ) and it's for your company details (Org name, Org address, Org email, Org Phone, Org mobile). Click on “Save & Continue” button.
STEP 12. Upload the required documents. (accept jpg, png, jpeg, gif, SVG file extensions with a maximum of 800 kilobytes.)
- For personal domain registration, you must upload scanned Copy of Nepali citizenship OR Copy of Nepali Driving License OR Copy of Nepali Passport OR Copy of Nepali Voter Card or Non-Resident-Nepalese ID Card or Nepalese resident visa for foreign nationals and a domain registration Request Letter.
- If you are a company you will need a domain registration request letter typed in the company’s official letterhead and certificate of registration of company/firm/partnership/organization.
- Foreign companies are required to have an official presence in Nepal as a joint venture, partnership, agent, or a licensee in order to qualify to register a domain. Official documents to prove the local presence will have to be submitted with the application.
Further Information Visit:- About documents for registration
STEP 13. After fished upload your Documents, you can see Request domain button. Then, click on Request Domain button.
- Review the information for accuracy before submitting.
- The submitted documents will be checked and if need, original documents will be asked for further verification.
- After Requested domain, you can see on your Control Panel like the Following Picture.
STEP 14. Once the registration process is completed, your application will be verified by host-master. If all the information details and request letters are correct, your domain will be approved. It may take at least 24 hours to get your domain/s registered or modified. Though it may take longer sometimes depending on the number of pending requests.
- Mercantile will let you know by email whether your domain is approved or not.
- If your domain rejected, appears like the picture above.
- If your .np Domain is Approved, you can see your domain in your Active Domain list. Appears like the Picture above.
- You Can Edit your Info / DNS name server anytime.